Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Harper Eloise Jollie




The 3 days leading up to my csection, we really tried to dote on hadley.


^Walking around the museum 




Harper Eloise Jollie 
I had a c section scheduled for 10-9-15

On 10-8-15 my water broke at 1am!
But.. I thought i peed myself :)
So at 9 am we drove to the city to go to the Museum of Play, because I knew i wanted to try a vbac and needed to start labor on my own. By noon, i called my mom and told her to meet me at the house to get hadley. By 1pm we were heading to the hospital. I had no contractions and wasn't even sure if I had broken my water. The nurse checked me and sure enough I had really broken my water. I was put in a room and a doctor came in to explain the risks of a vbac. Ben immediately said hell no, give her a csection. But my doula showed up and me and her started doing things to get my labor going. Ben was NOT on board for this. Within 2 hours I had gone from no contractions to tons. By 3 hours, I was screaming for someone to check me bc I had never been checked. I WANTED DRUGS! By the time i was checked, I was 10cm and started pushing right away. I had pushed with Hadley but she never came out so I wasn't expecting a baby. But within minutes of pushing, Harper came barreling out!!!! 7 pounds 4 oz and 21inches long!
I lost so much blood that i started hemorrhaging, shaking and was unconscious for 45 mins. 




my amazing doula^




After all that, I was ok and she was perfect.




Hadley was pretty excited about being a big sister !


my mom watched Hadley while i was in the hospital 




Thanks to having a vbac, i was discharged within a day and a half!






After 3 days home, Harper was readmitted for jaundice 


No comments:

Post a Comment